New Retro Tech August 21, 2017

So in the mail today I received my 32mb upgrade ram for my NEC MobilePro 750C. This was very simple to install and worked right away. Taking me from 16mg to 32mg.






Next I received a Panasonic 8x pcmcia from drive. This thing is cool. I always wanted one but they were way to high in price back then. I got this for really, really cheap. One thing about this unit is that it runs on AA batteries or the included wallwort or you can get a rechargeable battery pack. Another awesome feature is that it has it's own speakers in stereo which is nice. I placed in a audio CD and it played just fine. I then tried to use it on my MobilePro but the included drivers do not support windows ce. It does support DOS so I might play around in DOS on the machine and see if I can get it working. If so I'll post a howto later on. This is def what I expected and work fine. I might have to look out for a old cheap or free windows 95 laptop with pcmcia to try on that. Pretty awesome thou.











Comments

Facebook Share

Popular posts from this blog

Reading commodork and remembering times that past

Humble Bundle